Debbie and Bob (Tim's mom and stepdad) came down to visit us in mid-July. They were the first house guests that we have had in our new home. Fortunately for us, they were "working" house guests and helped us do a few things around the house include beginning our massive painting project that I've mentioned previously. We also did some fun South Georgia things such as visit the Big Oak, the oldest/largest live oak tree east of the Mississippi. President Eisenhower photographed the tree himself! (Another sidenote, he visited our church here as well.) The town even has a camera rigged up on a telephone pole across the street that takes your picture. So, call the number and strike your pose, because it will be posted on the internet in the Big Oak Gallery! (Jolie, can you find us?) Debbie and I ventured to Moultrie to Suzanne's Quilt Shop, which was a nice treat. So many fabric and patterns, so little time! But the biggest and best thing that we did while they were here was to get a puppy... our sweet pound puppy, Molly! Timothy and I promised each other that we would not be getting a dog for a while, until we went in to Thomas County Humane Society, fell in love with a sweet, black Australian Shepherd mix, 8-week-old puppy that we went back that day and pre-adopted, and took home the next day. I could go on and on about how sweet and cute she is, but the pictures do the talking. Thanks Debbie and Bob for a fun visit and all your help with Molly and the house!
(Please feel free to visit Our Photos, link to the right)
1 comment:
It took a little time, but I did find you! Tim's Vols hat helped.
Post a Comment