Hello again, faithful blog followers! I'm FINALLY back to posting! Yes, it's really taken me this long to get settled and organized. :) As Timothy snoozes in the recliner and Molly whimpers in the background, I'm going to attempt to fill in the gap between us moving to Thomasville on June 18 and today, August 12, in a few installments of this "Summer Series."
The weekend after we moved in (thanks to Mom and Dad for trekking with us and helping us move!), we headed back to Knoxville for my cousin Philip's wedding and Timothy's ordination. Despite the heat, a wonderful time was had by all who attended the Henkel/Gray wedding. I was asked to light a candle in memory of my grandmother and place a rose in an empty chair where the other family members were seated. It was so emotional and hard to hold it together, but I made it and was glad to honor her in that way! And just for your information, those Grays can dance! :)



Sunday, June 28, Timothy was ordained as a Minister of Word and Sacrament in the PC(USA)! He had worked hard for many weeks to put together this worship service. Thank you to our family and friends who joined us for this special, once-in-a-lifetime service! Thank you to Sharon for bringing the Word to us that day! A big thank you also to the committee of ministers who allowed me to be a part of the service by placing Timothy's stole across his shoulders (and straightening it up)! His stole was made by his mother, Debbie. I cannot put into words the emotions that welled up inside of me as I watched my husband being ordained. What a powerful thing to watch all of the elders present to lay hands on him!

I attached just a few of the many pictures that I took of these two events. Please feel free to take a look at the full album from the link to the right. --->
"Summer Series (Installment 2): Settling in to our new home in Thomasville" coming soon!
1 comment:
love the new blog background!
Post a Comment