Sunday, December 5, 2010

30 Days of Thanks: #27-30

Whew! Last post of my "30 Days of Thanks," better late than never, huh? :)

#27: I am thankful for staying up late and talking with my husband.
Sometimes Timothy and I will say we're headed to bed, and often we find ourselves an hour or two or three later still talking, never having moved from the living room or dining room. We've always been fans of staying up late talking, and now more than ever, I cherish those times!

#28: I am thankful for grocery stores.
What a luxury that we have stores that contain food that we can go and purchase and then take home with us! We didn't have to hunt/kill for it or hope that what we want to eat is available... it's just there. When there are so many people in the world hungry or starving, it reminds me of this luxury.

#29: I am thankful for a warm house.
With the weather turning colder, we've turned on our heat in the house. Again, another luxury.


#30: I am thankful for all the things I take for granted.
There are so many things in life for which I should probably have more appreciation, but sometimes with the "busyness" of life, I end up taking advantage of them. For example, that my child is a good sleeper, that someone grew those carrots that I turned into baby food for Cooper, that someone brought the gasoline that I pumped into my car in order to go places, etc. I could go on...

To conclude:
This has been a truly difficult exercise. I think I mentioned in a previous post that it's super-easy to think of material things. But the intangibles, the little things, the things that are truly important in life, are harder to see sometimes. So I challenge you to stop and think (more than once) about those intangibles in your life that you are thankful for... I think you'd be amazed at all the blessings you have! :)

No comments: