Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quilt progress and goal update

Do you faithful followers remember this quilt from long ago?


Well, I took it today to be quilted at a local shop - FINALLY! The lady said it could be up to two weeks before I get it back. :( I pieced the back last night; it's the bottom fabric (polka dots). I am so excited to being one step closer to finishing a quilt! Which leads me to my second part of this post.... my goals for 2011.
I really wanted to take time and think about my goals for the year. That's why I gave myself a whole month to ponder these. Some things I could actually accomplish if I worked at it, not too easy, but not impossible either. The list follows...

My Goals for 2011
  • Finish reading the chronological Bible by the end of the year
  • Finish three quilts by the end of the year
  • Read two books per month (I'm taking recommendations!)
  • Exercise at least three times per week
It's only been a couple of days, but I've been working on my goals already! Lesson learned: take time and really think about goals (and their consequences) before you make them.

2 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Hey Ashley you should definitely try to quilt one yourself. It's very satisfying and it's not that time consuming. Me and my grandmother always quilted ours ourself. It gives you something great to be proud of!!!! :)
If you need any help let me know.

Sarah Beth said...

You have to check out www.filminthefridge.com, you will love it!! Her quilts are awesome!!