Saturday, May 30, 2015

Summer Schedule?!

I debated whether or not to try and catch up from the last post on this blog from 2013. I decided that post would have been ridiculously LONG and BORING, because anyone that knows us or quasi-knows us through Facebook or other social media, knows the facts I would be sharing.

So with a new look for the blog, grab a cup (or two or three) and join us in sharing our lives with you....

With graduate work continuing next Monday and raising two children at the same time, I knew I needed some type of schedule for the summer in order to function as smoothly as possible. Now, I know you are thinking, "SCHEDULE - for summer? Who does that?" Think of it as more of a framework. Inspiration for a schedule was hard to find just googling "summer schedule for kids." But, the wonder and amazement that Pinterest brings to the inspiration session did just the trick. After reading through a few frameworks for how to structure the week, I chose this one.

Credit: mothersniche.com/summer-fun/
I do not and will not take credit for these ideas! But, I am here to say that it is such a refreshing way to plan the week's activities and make sure that we stay somewhat structured and build meaningful experiences and memories along the way. Yes, it does take effort and planning time, but it is worth it!

Summer 2015 Week #1
     Monday: put together a portable LEGO kit, made s'mores that evening
     Tuesday: took a trip to the library for trying new books
     Wednesday: picnic lunch and a local playground with friends
     Thursday: colored pictures for 2 friends, a friend had us to her house to make homemade pretzels
     Friday: new playground adventures with friends, hot boiled peanuts, and a movie night




Join us next time, to see where our strict schedules  summer structure will take us!

No comments: