Saturday, April 16, 2011

April update

It's been a "full" month already, and Easter week isn't even here yet! Also, next weekend is the 90th Annual Thomasville Rose Show and Festival - one of my favorites events of the year. My aunt and uncle will be coming to spend the weekend with us, just like last year!

Updates from the Scoonover house:

  • Ashley
    • I found out yesterday that I received two Georgia teaching certifications! I am now certified to teach PreK through 5th grade (Early Childhood Education) as well as the Middle Grades (4th-8th grades).
    • I am in the process of applying/interviewing for teaching jobs for next year. So excited to get back in the classroom!
  • Timothy
    • He just returned (along with 13 other team members) from a great mission trip to Haiti last Thursday evening. The team had many different areas of service: water filtration, roofing, a VBS for children, and medical care. Pictures give the best explanation...
Timothy with Papi, his new buddy :)

Timothy again with Papi

Preaching with a translator

The children of Beloc school

Timothy singing songs with the children

Playing games at VBS

Prayer quilt given to Church of the Redeemer, Beloc by FPC Prayers and Squares

The whole FPC team

No comments: