Friday, August 27, 2010

Life as we KNEW it...

has changed. As many friends and acquaintances put it, there is a "new normal" in the Scoonover household. I debated with myself about how to write this post. Do I start with the birth story? Do I explain every detail of how things are different now? After much thought, I feel that the best way to express life with a five-week-old baby would be to make a list entitled, "Things I've Learned in the Past Five Weeks." I believe that this best describes our life now with our precious Cooper (and it spares the reader the gory details and boring stories). :)

Things I've Learned in the Past Five Weeks:
1. I am an expert swaddler. No Houdinis in this house!
2. I am extremely efficient during Cooper's naptimes. So much faster at things than I used to be.
3. Sometimes it takes three days to complete the process of painting your toenails.
4. I can just about change a diaper and make a bottle in my sleep.
5. Rocking your baby to sleep while wearing bright colors is a no-no.
6. Never underestimate the power of the pacifier.
7. When someone you trust asks to come over and help, take him/her up on it, no matter how bad your house looks.
8. No matter how hard you try, dog hair will get in your baby's mouth!
9. Snuggling never gets old!
10. Laundry is now a never-ending chore.
11. Urine can be wiped clean off of the walls... invest in semi-gloss paint.
12. Church members can show love through lots of casseroles!
13. God's grace is abounding!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I printed it to put in my photo album with photos of Cooper. Love Nana

Leigh Ann Evans said...

Love your list... Definitely made me laugh! :)

Leigh Ann Evans said...

Love your list! Definitely made me laugh :) Glad you're loving this sweet time with your sweet boy! :)