Timothy and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. We have hosted the past three years, come to think of it, even while in Massachusetts. My mom and dad drove from Tennessee to visit with us for the week. We also had a couple of our new friends from church join us as one of them was "on-call" at the hospital that weekend. Our menu was what I consider "traditional": turkey, mashed potatoes [well, Party Potatoes, a Swanson must-have, right Susy? :) ], green bean casserole, corn casserole, cranberry salad, rolls, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie. Well, turns out my husband didn't tell me until the last minute that he REALLY wanted sweet potatoes on the menu as well. Guilted me even. So, my mom, being the sweet potato expert, made Timothy some sweet potato casserole over the weekend.
We didn't do much other than just hang out, go out to eat occasionally, and enjoy each other's company which was exactly what I needed. Mom and I even sewed some curtains for my kitchen while they were here! Thanks for the help, Mom! They turned out perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment